Relationship: Client Project
Date: April 2013
"A striking illuminated Halo mirror effortlessly creates a focus point"
My clients have recently taken advantage of the fact that their children have now grown up and left the family home, with some enjoyable breaks away on luxury cruise ships with gorgeous spas. It was this that led them to the idea that they wanted to treat themselves to a luxury, boutique-style bathroom just like the ones they had seen on these recent holidays.
Features which particularly appealed to them were the wetroom look. My client loves the sea so it was important to her that the colour blue was incorporated into the design in some way.
We chose luxury Bisazza Grigio Azzurro mosaics, which reflect a stunning sea-blue shade and create a focal point in the shower area, and contrast beautifully against the neutral Vitra neo-quartzite wall and floor tiles throughout this space. A lighter shade of Onyx mosaic tiles, in aqua, provide the perfect backdrop to the niche, which was designed to accommodate the tall lotion bottles which the clients prefer to use.
A Duravit SensoWash, wall-hung shower-toilet adds another dimension to the luxury element as this provides a toilet and bidet experience in one. A sleek, mirrored glass Geberit Sigma80 flush plate completes the modern look. A highly polished Bisque Chime radiator, in stainless steel, creates an attractive design feature on one wall.
In the walk-through shower area, an Impey shower panel opens up the space with an Aqua-Dec floor former and a large, wall-mounted Hansgrohe Raindance overhead shower E420 Air 2jet for the wow factor. An award-winning Hansgrohe eco-friendly PuraVida hand shower with three jets, from shower rain to massage, provides further spray options. A Keramag Design bathroom vanity unit with basin, Preciosa II by the designer Bernd Brohammer, combined with an Axor PuraVida tap add a sophisticated, yet simplistic, finish. A striking, illuminated Halo mirror above, from Bathroom Origins, allows for a variety of tasks from applying make-up to shaving in this space, and effortlessly creates a focus point and makes the space feel bigger.
Florida accessories, such as the soap dispenser, provide the perfect finishing touches. Swarovski crystals provide an additional design element for a luxurious finish and adorn the toilet brush holder and towel rail as the client is fond of holistic therapy and loves crystals. Under-floor heating provides further luxury.
1. Bathroom Origins Halo mirror. Back-lit fluorescent mirror available in 2 sizes: Diameter 600mm or 900mm. From RRP £275.
2. Create a niche with tiles that complement your colour scheme. Classy glass mosaics from RRP £22 per sheet. Sheet size 333 x 333mm.
3. Molton Brown hand care gift set & engraved stainless steel wall dispenser. Available in Naran Ji (Golden colour) and Rose Granati (Pink colour) includes 300ml of Molton Brown hand soap and 300ml of hand lotion. RRP £99.
4. Hansgrohe Raindance overhead shower E420 AIR 2 jet. For the ultimate luxury showering experience choose from RainAir and wide flood jet spray patterns. Overhead wall mounted shower for high pressure systems. RRP £1,314.
5. Florida bathroom accessory range from Bathroom Origins. Embellished with three Swarovski crystal elements. From RRP £39.
6. Create the wow effect with the Sigma80 LED colour changing flush plate from Geberit. The flush is activated when movement is detected from RRP £960. Bisque’s Chime radiator is made from polished stainless steel. The chunky rails allow towels to slide easily on and off. From RRP £693.