Relationship: Client Project
Date: April 2014
The brief was to create an open, social but homely living space, keeping it traditional but with a twist. The emphasis was on a food preparation area as the client loves cooking and baking.
1. Get eco-friendly with a recycling appliance. We love the Krüshr Recycling Waste Compactor. It allows you to sort different waste / recyclable materials and also crush bulky items such as metal, plastic & card. From RRP £749.
2. A unit handle can have a big impact on how a kitchen looks. Update your unit handles to these Charles Rennie Mackintosh brushed steel square ones for a quick modern makeover. RRP £5 per handle.
3. Update to a hot tap and get rid of kettle clutter. With GROHE Red®, you can draw up to four litres of filtered kettle water directly from the tap without having to wait, it’s economical too. RRP £1,610.
4. It’s worth investing in LED ceiling lights as they are so economical compared to standard bulbs and halogens. They will instantly brighten up and add a contemporary feel to any kitchen. Sycamore Lighting LED ceiling lights. RRP £15 per light.
5. Upgrade your standard dishwasher to a Fisher & Paykel Double DishDrawer. Both drawers operate independently so different wash cycles can operate simultaneously to accommodate a variety of loads. Glasses, pots & pans can be washed in separate drawers at the same time, £1,192.
6. Fisher & Paykel’s 90cm range cooker looks modern with clean lines in glass and stainless steel. The ultimate kitchen appliance combines the convenience of two electric multifunction ovens with the control and precision of integrated gas hobs, £1,116.
We knocked out a dividing wall between the kitchen and dining room, introduced LED ceiling lights and incorporated a range cooker and American style fridge freezer as these were high on the wish list. We used Silestone solid surfaces to create a fantastic prep space. The style of the unit door was traditional but the stainless steel appliances gives it the twist.